The knowledgebase provides documentation written by our team. Please select a category or search for answers.
Mail migration using Email client.
You can follow these steps to migrate your emails from one server to other.
1. Create the same email account on your new server that you had on
your old server. Use the same spelling and capitalization.
2. Give the new email account the same password that you used on your
old server. You can change the password after the migration process is
done, if desired.
3. In your local email client (Say outlook), create two new email
These will both be for the same email address.
They will both use the same password.
They must both be configured to connect using IMAP.
The incoming server (or IMAP server) will be different for each account.
Give the IP address of the new server for one account and that of old
server to the other account.
Please see the screenshots.
4. With both accounts online, open up the inbox for the account that
connects to your old server. Drag and drop messages from this inbox to
the inbox on your new server.
5. That's it! If you have a lot of emails, give the accounts a few
minutes to finish syncing up. Once they're done, your old emails will be
in your mailbox on the new server.