The knowledgebase provides documentation written by our team. Please select a category or search for answers.
Managing email account under a domain in Plesk
Creation of Email Accounts under a domain
- Go to Mail on the left panel.
- Click Create Email Address.
- Type the left part of the email address before the '@' sign, and, if you have several domain names on your account, select the domain name under which the email address will be created.
- Specify a password. Use a strong password. It is recommended to use a password generator by clicking on 'Generate'
- Leave the Mailbox checkbox selected. Clearing this checkbox makes sense only if you want to use this address as a mail forwarder, which will forward all incoming mail to another address.
- Specify the mailbox size or use the default size defined by your service plan. You can also specify a size lesser than the maximum mailbox quota.
- Click OK.
Changing Email Account Password
- Go to Mail, and click the email address of which you want to change password.
- Either type a new password or generate a new password using password generator
- click OK.
Setting up Email Forwarder
- Go to Mail and click the email address of which you want to add forwarder.
- Click on Forwarding tab.
- Select the Switch on mail forwarding checkbox.
- Specify one or several email addresses to which email must be forwarded. When specifying email addresses, separate them with white spaces, commas, semicolons, or type each of them on a new line.
Auto-reply message subject.
- Click OK.
Setting Up Auto-Reply
- Go to Mail click the email address of which you want to set Auto-Reply.
- Click on Auto-Reply tab.
- Select the Switch on auto-reply checkbox, and specify the following settings:
- Auto-reply message subject(Eg : I am out of office)
- Message format. Plain text is recommended.
- Message text.(Eg :Hello, I am Out of Office. Will get back to you soon. )
- Forward to. If you want to forward incoming messages to another email address, type an email address in this box.
- Attached files. If you want to attach a file to your message, click Browse and select a file.
- Switch off auto-reply on (the specified date). Select this checkbox if you want the automatic replying to stop on a specific date, for example, the date when you return from holidays.
- Click OK
Was this article helpful?